Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Baggage

Since I've been doing some gear organizing recently I thought I'd give an overview of my bags. It was also an excuse to take some photos without actually having to leave the house.

Crumpler 6 Million Dollar Home:

IMG_1053a

I love this bag. It's the perfect size, style, and fit for walking around just about anywhere, and is able to hold a surprising amount of gear. It's even good for light hiking (which I used it for in Hawaii) and is extremely comfortable.

I also enjoy the somewhat whimsical naming and marketing of the Crumpler products. There's a certain style that for whatever reason I find very appealing. Next thing you know I'll be looking at MacBook Pros...

IMG_1052a

Lowepro Flipside 300:

IMG_5048a

Up until I got the Tokina, the 6MDH held everything really well, so it was really the only thing I needed. With the addition of the Tok, things got a little tighter, so I decided to use the Crumpler as more of a 'pack as needed' bag and look into something a little larger for actual hiking and when I need more stuff (who doesnt?)

After reading numerous reviews for about a billion different bags, I stumbled across the Lowepro Flipside 300. It seemed to pretty much be the holy trinity of bag-dom: right size, nice looking, and reasonably priced. It also has a neat rear-entry system to improve security and allow the bag to swivel about the waist for easy access.

After considerable research and debating, I decided to bite the bullet and ordered one for our upcoming trip to Maine, on which there will be considerable hiking.

I must say I am extremely pleased based on my initial impressions. The bag seems to be very well made, and holds all of my gear with a little room to grow. It's got nice straps and a very well padded back and seems quite comfortable. Plus it's small and light weight enough that I won't think twice about the comfort for hiking.

IMG_5038a

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, seems like someone once told you that you might need one of these.

    ReplyDelete