Sunday, June 21, 2009

MoPar Wanderings

Randi's brother came into town for her birthday celebration, and we spent most of yesterday out exploring the Cleveland/Akron area.

After a nice trip up to Legacy Village, and a rather dissappointing visit to a wine and blues festival, we found out that a huge car show was going on down in Massillon, which is just down the road from our house.

The show was quite large, and there were some really fantastic cars including a Shelby GT500, all the usual 'Cudas, Roadrunners, and such, as well as the only Skyline GT I've ever seen in person.

For the most part, the lighting was terrible, and there were only a few spots on the main street where the buildings were at the right angle to block the sun. Couple that with a general compulsion to walk in front of me while I was trying to get a shot, and I didn't get too many photos.

Really the only one that came out even close to passable was this Camero SS ('67 or '68) with a 502 big block. This car was stunning in person.

Taken with my new Tokina 12-24 mm f4 (1/400, f4, ISO 200 @ 12 mm)

IMG_4975a

I really like the perspective distortion from the wide angle lens, and the ability to be ~3 feet from the car and still get the whole thing in the frame. I can't wait to take this lens to Mid-Ohio this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment