Sunday, June 21, 2009

Kittie Cop Out

This is what is known as a cop-out.

I've never been sure why it is called that (although I could probably find out in about 30 seconds on wikipedia), but I am quite aware of what it represents. In this case, today's photo is of our beloved cat Franklin aka 'Little Cat'. He was our first pet together, and with his little sister, Nalla, rounds out our little family.

Generally if I get a new lens or other piece of photographic gear, instead of rushing out to find one of the many interesting events/people/locations/etc here in the greater Cleveland/Akron area, I instead spend my time taking pictures of our cats. And while whimsical and exceptionally cute, they aren't exactly groundbreaking subject matter.

Hopefully I am able to get out and shoot some other, more interesting, local subjects, but for now, here is a portrait of Franklin taken in extreme wide angle, along with all the distortion-y goodness that accompanies it.

Tokina 12-24 mm f4 (1/10, f4, ISO400 @ 12 mm)

IMG_4987a

No comments:

Post a Comment