Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Maine Event

Randi and I recently got back from a trip to Maine with our good friends Bob and Kat Wollyung (hence the long span without updates). It was a fantastic trip, and one of the most relaxing vacations I've ever had.

Mount Desert Island is an amazing place, and Acadia National Park is now high up on my list of favorites. The hiking trails were some of the best I'd ever been on, and the sheer number to choose from was staggering. The close proximity to the Harbors and their bevy of excellent restaurants and shops didn't hurt either.

I took roughly 900 pictures throughout the week, and wound up with 200~300 that I was reasonably satisfied with, and at least a dozen that I was truly happy with. Hopefully I can continue the trend of increasing my keeper ratio with each trip.

Here are a few of my favorites.

Looking out into the Harbor near sunset:






Neat old cabin near our cottage edited to black and white:


Seagull portrait:


I took many, many more photos on this trip. The rest can be found on my SmugMug site.

No comments:

Post a Comment